Student and Enrolment Services
Concordia University of Edmonton
7128 Ada Boulevard
Edmonton AB T5B 4E4
Edmonton and area: 780.479.9220
Concordia University of Edmonton considers applications from home-schooled and home-educated applicants. All applicants are assessed on an individual basis and are treated on their own merits.
Please visit the current academic calendar, section 3.2.2 to learn more about home schooled admission.
As viewed 2018-06-10:
3.2.2 Home-Schooled Student Admission
Concordia University of Edmonton considers applications from home-schooled and home-educated applicants. All applicants are assessed on an individual basis and are treated on their own merits. We appreciate the uniqueness of the home school environment and provide the following admission routes as a guideline for your benefit. We also understand that your situation may be different, so please do not hesitate to contact us regarding your admission circumstance.
Home-schooled and home-educated applicants are offered the following admission routes:
- Admission to an Arts, Management*, Management & Science in Chemistry Dual Degrees*, or Science* degree program by representing a Home-School Portfolio with the application for admission, which should contain but is not limited to the following elements:
- Evidence of prior learning from Grades 10 through 12;
- Statements of results from Grades 10 through 12;
- At minimum three writing samples from your grade 12 work (from literature works studied)
The portfolio should also contain one of the following: A brief essay (1000-2500 words) describing the value of your home-schooling experience or an entrance video production with supporting written storyboard.
An interview may also be requested.
To strengthen your application we encourage you to provide a confidential letter of recommendation from an impartial source, such as a home education coordinator, indicating your academic readiness for a university-level program of studies and method of home schooling followed.
- Demonstrating the required admission average in the five 30 level courses for required subjects in your program of choice.* Specific university-level equivalents (refer to Table 3.2.1.B) may be used to substitute for high school course deficiencies.
- Admission to an Arts, Management*, Management & Science in Chemistry Dual Degrees*, or Science* degree program by completing a minimum of one year of full-time study in a diploma program at a recognized college, technical institute, or bible college in addition to their home-schooling program. Applicants must achieve a satisfactory academic standing in that course work.
*Note to Management, Management & Science in Chemistry Dual Degrees, and Science Applicants:
Documentation is required to determine grade 12 course prerequisites needed for admission into Management or Science degree programs. For each subject area, course syllabi, textbook list, and three to five academic work samples such as science laboratory reports or results from standardized aptitude tests such as SAT or ACT are required.
For students seeking admission into the Management degree program, the prerequisite needing to be satisfied is Mathematics. For students seeking admission into any Science degree program, or the Management & Science in Chemistry Dual Degrees program, the prerequisites needing to be satisfied are Mathematics and two subjects form either Biology, Chemistry or Physics.
For complete information on the Entrance Scholarships for Home-Schooled Applicants, refer to section 7.1.1.B, Undergraduate Awards.