This page last updated: 2017-05-10
The Royal Military College of Canada no longer mentions homeschooling on their website. Their general admissions webpage is here:
The RMC of Canada is open for admission to:
- Canadians desiring to embark on rewarding and challenging career as an officer in the CAF.
- all members of the Canadian Armed Forces and their spouses, and to
- employees of the Federal Government of Canada.
The RMC of Canada offers a number of undergraduate and graduate programmes designed to provide current and future members of the CAF meaningful and appropriate academic credentials to serve effectively in the CAF.
Please note that there are different entry paths for the RMC of Canada and that you should follow the links that are appropriate for your interests.
The RMC of Canada offers a variety of Bachelor and certificate programmes in;
The ROTP offers you the opportunity of combining your academic and career goals. Under the ROTP you will be enrolled in the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) in a military occupation of your choosing and you will begin your military career by completing an undergraduate university programme at the RMC of Canada, or the Canadian civilian university of your choice. The ROTP is open to:
- High school students;
- College/University students.
The RMC of Canada offers a variety of academic programmes and educational opportunities, via Continuing Studies to all serving members of the CAF, spouses of CAF members, and employees of the Federal Government of Canada. Offerings include:
- Full and part time academic programmes in Arts, Science and Engineering;
- Interest Only;
- Mature Student Status;
- Subsidized Programmes: CAF members may be interested in completing their undergraduate degree at the RMC of Canada through several CAF sponsored subsidized programmes such as:
- University Training Plan – Non Commissioned Members (UTPNCM)
- Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP) – Reservists
- Initial Baccalaureate Degree Programme (IBDP)
- Continuing Education Officer Training Plan (CEOTP)
- Any other DND sponsored programmes the CAF may launch from time to time;
- Visiting Students.
The RMC of Canada offers a number of post-graduate programmes
- Master’s and Doctoral Degrees
For comparison, here’s what the website used to say as of 2014-05-13 (found under “Non-Canadian Education Systems,” which is no longer mentioned on the site):
Students who complete secondary school through education systems outside of Canada or through “home” schooling will be considered individually but will be required to meet the equivalent standards to those indicated for the Canadian Education System. All applicants must possess the equivalent of a high school diploma. Additionally, students must offer acceptable results in the Scholastic Aptitude Tests (SATs) as follows:
For a degree in Arts
The SAT Reasoning Test and the SAT Subject Tests in English (Literature), Mathematics Level 1.
For a degree in Science
The SAT Reasoning Test and the SAT Subject Tests in English (Literature), Mathematics Level 1 and 2, and one Science Subject Test in either, Biology E/M, Chemistry or Physics.
For a degree in Engineering
The SAT Reasoning Test and the SAT Subject Tests in English, Mathematics Level 1 and 2, Physics Chemistry